Welcome to my Astrophotography Blog!

This is a journal of my adventures in astrophotography -- taking images of distant celestial objects. Please look around and feel free to add your comments, questions, and critique to any of the entries by clicking the "comments" button on the bottom of each entry -- or just say "howdy!

And don't forget to click on the images for a larger view!

So choose either the Red pill or the Blue pill and follow me down the wormhole....

JOhn

Comanche Springs Star Party

Comanche Springs Star Party
Doin' my thang at the Comanche Springs Astronomy Campus (where I often become a "red ghost")

Dallas Sky

Rancho Venado Sky

Atoka Sky

Camanche Springs Sky

Monday, May 5, 2008

NEAF 2008

What the hell's a NEAF?

Well, NEAF stands for "North Eastern Astronomical Forum". It is a 2 day event held in Suffern, NY. There are about 120 vendors, workshops, and guest speakers on all kinds of subjects relating to astronomy and space. Attendance is around 4-5 thousand people.
I also learned how to grind my own telescope mirror!

In addition, there is am additional 2 day event leading up to NEAF that focuses exclusively on Astrophotography. These 2 days are filled with workshops given by the "top guns" in the field. I of course attended this as well! It was a great experience and got me really excited. These workshops were limited to only 120 people and quickly sold out.


Kim went with me, but spend most of her time in Manhattan. We both went into the city for a couple of days after the conference and visited are pals Bob and Marianne. Then Kim and I saw "November" with Nathan Lane (my first Broadway show). It was a hoot.


So what did I take away from my first NEAF experience? Well, besides LOTS of info, I also took away a new telescope and mount! More on that next time...

5 comments:

Trey said...

Can't wait to see the new gear and the images you get. More crabs, please.

Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Awesome! You're in BLOG land man! Prepare for a link on my blog. Nice pix too, I had not seen these other pictures!

Bob-san

Marianne said...

Brilliant, John!! Great blog. I have added you to my daily blog list.

We had fun with you guys in Manhattan. :-D

We just had a quick visit from Jim Belfiore, and he oohed and aahed over your blog and pictures. We'll be sending him your link for when he gets home. :-D

Hugs to the family,
Marianne

Neutronman said...

Howdy friends! Look, I'm blogging! I'm REALLY BLOGGING!!!

Thanks for being my first visitors.
Now, I'm a blog virgin...

Marianne, what is this "daily blog list" talk???

xxoo

Marianne said...

I have several blogs that I check on daily to see what's going on. If I'm a regular commentor and visitor, sometimes I trade links with the owner of blogs, so their readers can come and visit mine. :-D

Jim may link you to his blog, or you can put his link on yours...

I'll email you his link, since half of it will be lost on this comment. :-D

Marianne